Friday, December 21, 2012

The Youth in Nation Building

A few days ago, I had my first National Rizal Youth Leadership Institute experience in Baguio City and what can I say? I am speechless.

Speechless basically because too many interesting ideas popped into my head, speechless because I had a chance to interact with many of Philippines’ premier leaders, speechless because the climate of the venue had caused my lips to dry and lastly, speechless because, my mouth kept to be open when I see people in my left and in my right. Well that was too much of being speechless.


But really now, the experience and glamour of joining NRYLI is priceless. Not only it was a good chance to create connections, the lectures too have made me realize the vital role of the youth in nation building and the impact Rizal has made to his native land. It is by no doubt that indeed the future of this country lies in the hands of there “under construction leaders”. As what Rizal had said, “Ang kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan”, the Filipino youth should continue to inculcate this not just in thoughts but in actions as well.

So as the Philippines continue its battle in the global community, the fight to finish what our heroes had begun lies in the hands of the next generation. Many prediction and surveys depicts a bright future ahead but only time will tell if these will come to past. Only then will the youth of today prove that Rizal was right and naysayers of today’s society are wrong.

Help rebuild this country!

@2red-degial

1 comment: